Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is so good, tender chicken and vegetables, a creamy sauce, and a crunchy golden brown biscuit like topping... I got this recipe from my aunt and though theres alot of chicken pot pie recipes on here, i havent seen this one... i baked it for around an hour.... i can't believe it took that long but it did... just trust your judgement on how long to bake it...
- 1 chicken or 5 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 16 ounces mixed vegetables
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄8 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Lay chicken in bottom of 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
- Heat vegetables and cream of chicken soup in microwave until vegetables are warm.
- Spread vegetable mixture on top of chicken.
- Combine bisquick, butter, mayonnasie, and chicken broth.
- Stir just until combined.
- Pour over chicken and spread to evenly distribute.
- Bake at 350 till the topping is golden brown.
This was EXCELLENT! What attracted me to this were the ingredients of chicken broth, mayo and butter mixed with the Bisquick. It gave it such a rich flavor! For my vegies, I used diced potato, carrot coins, frozen peas, diced celery, sliced red bell pepper, 1/2 white cooking onion and some snipped green onion. The only thing I did different to the topping was to mix in some snipped green onion. Adding to that, the chicken breasts I had were rather large, so I only used two. We found that to be plenty. The cooking time for my oven was between 45 min to an hour. I don't remember the exact time, so I'd say 45 min, at least for our oven. I served this with tossed salads and green beans. I will definitely be serving this again very soon! What a great comfort food recipe on a chilly night! Thank you. :)
Very good comfort food. The only thing I did differently was spices. I added a few things when I cook my chicken which added a little more flavor to the meal.
Tasty recipe! When I cooked the 1 large chicken breast, I put a bit of garlic and onion powder and a couple of dashes of oregano. Chopped that up and added it to 1 15oz can of mixed vegetables that included potatoes. Added a few splashes of chicken broth. Used a whole can of cream of chicken soup. Mixed that together and then halved the pancake mixture. Wow. The crust is amazing! Cooked it at 375 degrees for 40 mins. It could've cooked a bit longer to get a browner crust. I think next time I'll add some garlic/onion/oregano or basil to the mixture.