Recipe by BlondeChick80
This recipe uses fresh cranberries, which I love! I got it from cooking.com quite a few years ago. The only I have to add is to make sure you put some foil underneath the pie as it tends to boil over some.
- 2 pie crusts (1 ea for top and bottom)
- 236.59 ml cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml apple cider (or orange juice)
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 4.92 ml apple pie spice
- 1182.95 ml apples, cored, peeled and sliced (about 6 apples)
Directions See How It's Made
- In small saucepan combine 3/4 cup sugar, apple juice or cider, 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Cool 20 minutes.
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees F.
- In large mixing bowl combine 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons cornstach, & apple pie spice. Add apples and mix together. Add cooled creanberry mixture and mix some more.
- Prepare pie crusts (or use pre-made from store). place one in pie pan for bottom. Add filling to crust. top with second pie crust and trim and crimp. Add slits in top. Brush top with milk sprinkle with sugar.
- Cover pie edge with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 25-30 minutes or until golden.