Recipe by KeithsKelly
This is a recipe that combines the best of a couple different white chili recipes to suit our tastes! This is fantastic on a cold day served with shredded cheese and baked tortilla chips, and it's WW friendly! My family loves this, I hope you do to!
Top Review by Maito
I made a full recipe but halved the chicken and quartered the beans for 4 people. I used taco seasoning instead of the Paula Dean seasoning, and made this in the crock pot with whole chicken breasts. I also took the advice of another reviewer and subbed half the broth with green salsa and tripled the lime. Topped with green onions too since I had them, which went really well. It was very good, and had the right amount of lime and spice for our tastes.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, diced
- 18 ounces frozen white corn
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 4 (14 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon key lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat large stock pot and add olive oil, onion and celery. Add diced chicken breasts and season to taste -- I use 1/2 teaspoon of Paula Deen's house seasoning! Cook chicken all the way through.
- Add all remaining ingredients, stir well.
- Simmer covered for about 30 minutes or so.
- Serve with low fat sour cream, shredded cheese and baked tortilla chips.