1/2 Photos of Super Veggie Salad With Creamy Almond Dressing
I just bought a 3 pound bag of almonds from Sam's club and this dressing is a wonderful way to use them! I hope you enjoy! This dressing thickens up after sitting for a few minutes, so you could actually use less oil(3/4 cup) and the rest water or maybe apple juice and it would be just as good and less calories! The dressing also makes a great dip!
My Private Note
cups dr ...
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons blanched almonds, chopped
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, fresh juice plus
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dill
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2-1 cup canola oil (or vegetable oil)
- kosher salt
- 2Place the almonds and water into a blender or food proccesor and turn on high speed to purée. Add remaining ingredients, except for oil, and run to blend and whip thoroughly.
- 3With the motor running, slowly pour in oil and run until the dressing is thick and creamy. (dressing can be prepared and refrigerated for up to 1 week.).
- 4As stated in the description, you may use 3/4 cup oil and 1/4 cup water or apple juice(or liquid of choice) and get a little thinner dressing. Let sit for a few minutes to thicken up.
- 6Put 1/2 cup of the dressing in the bottom of your salad bowl.
- 7Add all ingredients, except lettuce, and toss to coat.
- 9Put several lettuce leaves on each plate and add dressed salad. Serve extra dressing on the side. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Veggie Salad With Creamy Almond Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.6
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 218.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 5.6 g