I just bought a 3 pound bag of almonds from Sam's club and this dressing is a wonderful way to use them! I hope you enjoy! This dressing thickens up after sitting for a few minutes, so you could actually use less oil(3/4 cup) and the rest water or maybe apple juice and it would be just as good and less calories! The dressing also makes a great dip!
- 6 tablespoons blanched almonds, chopped
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice, fresh juice plus
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2-1 cup canola oil (or vegetable oil)
- kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushroom
- 6 slices red onions
- 1 large ripe avocado, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 cups grape tomatoes (or cherry)
- 1 head romaine lettuce or 1 head butter lettuce
- Place the almonds and water into a blender or food proccesor and turn on high speed to purée. Add remaining ingredients, except for oil, and run to blend and whip thoroughly.
- With the motor running, slowly pour in oil and run until the dressing is thick and creamy. (dressing can be prepared and refrigerated for up to 1 week.).
- As stated in the description, you may use 3/4 cup oil and 1/4 cup water or apple juice(or liquid of choice) and get a little thinner dressing. Let sit for a few minutes to thicken up.
- Put 1/2 cup of the dressing in the bottom of your salad bowl.
- Add all ingredients, except lettuce, and toss to coat.
- Put several lettuce leaves on each plate and add dressed salad. Serve extra dressing on the side. Enjoy!