1/1 Photo of Super Vegetable Pesto Pasta With Pan Seared Oven Roasted Chicken
I have tried many different pesto recipes and tried to combine what I liked most from all of them to create this pesto sauce. I LOVE baked tomatoes with basil and balsalmic vinegar, so that is why I added these three to the recipe. The asparagus was on hand and thought it would bring a nice flavor to the recipe, as well as the scallions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
CHICKEN VEGGIES PASTA
- 1Place pin nuts in a non-stick skillet and toast over medium heat until slightly browned (3 to 5 mins).
- 2While pin nuts are toasting, put remaining 9 ingredients in a food processor.
- 3When pin nuts are toasted add them to the food processor and mix pesto sauce until smooth.
- 4In a large pot, start boiling water for pasta.
- 5Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 6While water is coming to a boil, cut up the asparagus, scallions and tomatoes, keeping them all separate from one another.
- 7Cook spaghetti according to box directions. Add asparagus to water 5 minutes before pasta is fully cooked, strain, and replace in pot over lowest heat setting. Add pesto sauce to spaghetti and mix.
- 8Heat oil in oven proof skillet over medium-high heat.
- 9Fillet chicken breasts in half, sprinkle with grill seasoning, coat with flour and place in skillet and cook 2-3 mins on each side until slightly browned.
- 10Add tomatoes and scallions to chicken and place skillet into preheated oven.
- 11Cook chicken for 15-20 minutes.
- 12When chicken is done, remove from oven.
- 13Place Pesto-asparagus pasta on a plate and place a slice of chicken on top. Garnish as desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Vegetable Pesto Pasta With Pan Seared Oven Roasted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 733.8
- Calories from Fat 368
- Total Fat 40.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 57.4 mg
- Sodium 546.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 32.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
McCormick grill seasoning