Recipe by LightLisha
My sister turned 22 today & I made these waffles up for her. They are super moist & very very yummy. Waffles are our traditional holiday/ birthday meal w/ 3 vegans & 3 die-hard not-vegans it has been tough to have a good breakfast for the last 7 years. I just perfected this recipe this morning & I can't wait to shock everyone with it this Christmas morning.
Top Review by eew85
This recipe is AWESOME!!! No substitutes needed! I served these to picky waffle eaters and non-waffle eaters (yes there is such a thing!) and everyone loved them! I would make them everyday if I wasn't trying to watch my waist.
p.s. freezing extras and toasting them is good as well!
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups soymilk or 2 cups soy milk and almond milk
- 1⁄3 cup oil (melted) or 1⁄3 cup margarine (melted)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup flax seed (ground)