Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Creamy, crunchy, sweet, tart...this salad creates a flavor explosion for your taste buds! Lots of ingredients, but well worth it. Great summer salad!! Can also be made with cooked, diced chicken in place of tuna. Prep. time includes refrigeration
- 3 (6 1/2 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained
- 1 cup white seedless grapes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped (more or less to taste)
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (or mixture of both) or 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds (or mixture of both)
- 1 cup cracker barrel cheddar cheese (shredded or cut into small cubes)
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chives, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pimientos, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- In large bowl, gently toss all salad ingredients together.
- In separate bowl, combine dressing ingredients, and whisk well.
- Toss salad with dressing, and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
This is a delicious tuna salad, the flavours work well together and it looks so pretty. I didnt use the pimentos (cant buy here) I particularly liked the addition of the mint. Will try this again using chicken. Thanks Manda for a great recipe.