Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a nearly no added fat version of a family favorite. I whipped it up the other night and it was a hit. You may add peas if you wish, but that doesn't fly in my house, so we didn't.
- 1 lb mini penne pasta or 1 lb egg noodles
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup kellogg's corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons bouquet garni or 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Boil pasta and drain.
- in baking dish combine tuna, soup, skim milk, celery seed, mustard, garlic, cayenne pepper, and paprika.
- Add salt and pepper if you like.
- Mix well and add noodles in thirds until blended well.
- In a separate dish combine Kellogg’s crumbs, bouquet garni, cheese, butter.
- Mix until you can make a 'crumb topping'.
- Sprinkle over top.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, or until topping is crispy.
Tasty easy family meal. Liked the cornflake and Parmesan topping. Thanks for posting. =)