Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an adaptation of my great-grandmother's method for making Tuna Salad. It is great on toast, rolled in a flour tortilla, on crackers, or by itself. I make a batch of it & we have leftovers for a few days to enjoy. IAdd more cider vinegar to taste.
- 3 (6 ounce) cans solid white tuna (drained)
- 1⁄2 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 stalk celery, - (finely chopped) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds (optional) or 2 tablespoons walnuts (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Allow to chill for 15-30 minutes in refrigerator.
I have been trying to eat more fish. Im not real fond of it but must say I enjoyed tuna this way. Thanks for sharing Rachel.
This stuff is great! Someone once made this for me while we were dating and I was very impressed... Who knew tuna could taste like this? Serve with pickles!