Recipe by jaysun
This recipe takes some time to master but is really worth the effort. If you like thin pizzas this will become a favorite.
Top Review by Zanne101
This is terrific - this is what pizza should be, simple and delicious. My suggestion is to lightly sprinkle cornmeal on the pizza stone just before you put the pizza on it. You don't need the parchment and the cornmeal just barely raises the dough off the stone to make it super crispy.
- 283.49 g unbleached all-purpose flour, preferably gold medal (2 cups)
- 2.46 ml instant yeast
- 2.46 ml honey
- 2.46 ml salt
- 175.76 g water, 100 to 105 degrees
- 59.14 ml olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Weighing the flour and water is highly recommended as there are many factors that can affect the absorbent qualities of the flour.
- Mix flour, yeast, honey and salt in a food processor with a steel blade.
- Run the machine and add water and oil through the top, process for 30 seconds.
- You may need to add just a bit more water if the dough feels dry.
- Place the dough into a sealed container and refrigerate overnight.
- Set oven rack and pizza stone on lowest setting and preheat to 500 degrees.
- Remove dough from container and half.
- Place half on center of large sheet of parchment paper.
- Place large sheet of plastic wrap over dough and parchment.
- Allow dough to rise for 10 minutes.
- Roll the dough sandwiched between the parchment and plastic wrap trying to achieve an even thickness.
- The dough should be about 14 inches in diameter.
- Peel off plastic wrap and top as desired.
- Place the pizza with parchment on the pizza stone and bake for about 10 minutes.
- The parchment should slide out easily and allow for easy transfer to a cutting board.
- Let cool and serve.