Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This makes in one pan. Start on the stovetop and finish in the oven. So tender you can cut it with a fork. Gravy is excellent over mashed potatoes or egg noodles. Revision: Thanks to 3 KillerB's for pointing out some corrections that needed to be made to this recipe.
- 2 lbs round steaks (cut into serving sized pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms (drained)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- Heat oven to 350.
- In large oven proof non-stick skillet sprayed heavily with cooking spray add onion and cook till translucent.
- In paper bag add flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add meat pieces and shake. Add meat to pan with onions. Brown 3 to 4 mins on each side or till just starting to brown.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to pan. Be sure to sprinkle the seasonings evenly over meat and vegetables. DO NOT STIR. Cover and place in oven and cook for 1 hour or till very tender.
Great dish! I doubled the Italian seasonings and garlic. It didn't have as much sauce as I would have expected, but the taste was fantastic! Definitely something I'd make again.
This was OK. My kids tasted it and wouldn't eat more, and they normally love anything with tomatoes. Thanks anyway!
I made as posted. I drained the tomatoes and mushrooms thoroughly while I sauteed the onions and meat. The meat was tender. This is an excellent recipe for busy people. Thanks for sharing. Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag,