Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is soooooooooo yummy and really easy. You can serve it on buns as sandwiches, on top or alongside mashed potatoes or my favorite, over rice :op p.s. i like things salty so you can adjust it to your taste.
- 5 lbs boneless bottom round roast (or rump roast)
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- In a crock pot, put roast, broth and onion.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook 6-8 hours on low (if frozen on high).
- Remove meat from crockpot.
- With tongs or a fork, shred meat.
- Mix cornstarch with water, add to crockpot to thicken sauce.
- Add meat back to sauce and stir to coat.