Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is just something i threw together and it turned out to be really good!! You can pretty much change up the spices to your liking, the steaks turned out super tender and the taters well..lol i've never met a bad one!!!! I made this for 2 so im posting the recipe to reflect that but you can make as much as you need by using a larger pan.
- 2 beef cube steaks
- 1 small onion, Sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste )
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste )
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth (have some extra just in case )
- 1 -2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Season the cube steaks on both sides with seasoning salt, garlic and black pepper.
- Place some rings of onion on top of steaks, then add chunks of potatoes, then a few more onions.Sprinkle potatoes and onions with a little more of the seasoning.
- Pour beef broth over all and also add the worcheshire sauce to taste. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 325 for 2 hours ( no peeking till at least 1.5 hours then check if more liquid is needed).
- You may also add any other veggie of your choice at the beginning, carrots or some shrooms might be good! Enjoy.
Made as written. This was ok. Thanks!
I made this as directed but left out the potatoes. These came out very tender and delicious. Served with Normandy Potatoes , I loved how easy this was. Thanks for sharing onegoofydevil. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
I doubled the recipe and followed it as written. I put everything in the crockpot and it turned out good. We all enjoyed it. Made for Spring PAC 2010.