Recipe by Ben Ross
There was a lack of sauces on recipezaar so I thought I would make a contribution. A very nice sauce with many uses. I will post some recipes where I use it.
Top Review by Just J
This was a super easy, super fantastic recipe. I paired it with some seasoned chicken and veggies and served over egg noodles. It was a hit. I added my milk to fast and it got lumpy, but was able to save it with a a whisk and continuous stirring. Great flavor and easy to follow recipe. Thanks for a great recipe ben
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the butter in a preheated suacepan and melt the butter down (on low heat).
- Once the butter is melted down add the plain flour.
- Stir well and cook the mixture of butter and plain flour which should go a bit lumpy and dry at this stage.
- Very important that you cook this well (2-4 minutes).
- Remove from heat and slowly, very slowly add the milk and stir in.
- The sauce should now be getting smooth.
- If it is lumpy you have been adding the milk to fast.
- Keep adding the milk until the desired thickness is achieved.
- Add the paprika for a bit of extra kick.
- Any other herbs or things like lemons can be added for a bit of extra taste.
- This sauce is used in my fish and white sauce and my tuna mornay recipes as well so look for them.