Recipe by ~*Chou*~
This cake is very tasty, chocolatey and moist. You'll dirty up a few bowls, but it's worth it!
Top Review by Chef Dudo
It is certainly worth washing up the bowls! Indeed, it is a super tasty chocolate cake. The only thing I did different was adding the chocolate chips to the cocoa/water and mixing it all together. Baked the cake in a loaf pan holding 9 cups and that was the perfect size. The cake baked in exactly 50 minutes. Very yummy! Thanks for posting.
- 591.47 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 118.29 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 118.29 ml hot water
- 158.51 ml shortening
- 414.03 ml white sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 314.66 ml buttermilk
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and lightly flour a 9" square pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir cocoa and water into a smooth paste.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together shortening, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Mix in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- Mix in the cocoa paste until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into pan and bake in oven for 40-50 minutes, or until baked.
- Let cool slightly and serve.