1/1 Photo of Super Tasty Chocolate Cake
This cake is very tasty, chocolatey and moist. You'll dirty up a few bowls, but it's worth it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease and lightly flour a 9" square pan.
- 3In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- 4Set aside.
- 5In a small bowl, stir cocoa and water into a smooth paste.
- 6Set aside.
- 7In a large bowl, cream together shortening, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- 8Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- 9Mix in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- 10Mix in the cocoa paste until thoroughly combined.
- 11Stir in chocolate chips.
- 12Pour batter into pan and bake in oven for 40-50 minutes, or until baked.
- 13Let cool slightly and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Tasty Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.1
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 29.0 mg
- Sodium 273.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 30.6 g
- Protein 4.7 g