I've been asked for this recipe over and over again. I got it from my neighbor, Jeanette, thank you! This recipe calls for graham crackers and toffee as the crust, and chocolate topping. You can add nuts, toffee bits, or other fun things to the chocolate topping. CAUTION: These are dangerous to have around your house, and worth every bit of fat and calories that's in them. Give them away or you'll eat them ALL!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preparation --
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Grease/butter or line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- 4Toffee --
- 5Combine butter and brown sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes while stirring. The mixture will expand, so don't use too small of a saucepan.
- 6Assembly - Work quickly --
- 7Pour half of the toffee mixture on the cookie sheet, and then top with a single layer of graham crackers, filling the cookie sheet. Try to coat the bottoms of all the crackers as you carefully add them.
- 8Pour the other half of the toffee mixture on top of the single layer of graham crackers, spreading with a spatula. Again, try to spread the coating over all the crackers as best as you can.
- 9Add nuts at this point, if you would like.
- 10Put in oven for 7 minutes. At this point, the toffee will seal around the graham crackers, so don't fret if they're not fully submerged and perfectly coated before you put them in the oven. Just get it the best you can while the toffee is still warm.
- 11Topping & Finishing --
- 12Immediately after you remove the pan from the oven, sprinkle on your chocolate chips.
- 13Let the chips sit a couple minutes to soften, then spread them out with a spatula, creating a complete chocolate seal over the entire pan.
- 14At this time, add toffee bits, or M&Ms, or any other yummy topping you'd like.
- 15Let cool, then freeze.
- 16Once frozen, we break them apart into chunks, and store them in the freezer until ready to take to someone's house. If, they make it that far, that is! :-).
- 17NOTE --
- 18If you have gotten these bars from us, then note there were no nuts, and we use toffee bits on the top.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super-Tastic Heath Bars
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.5
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 173.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 1.7 g