Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A very easy Mexican dish sure to please anyone.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (6 ounce) package Mexican cornbread mix
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (divided)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups lettuce, Shredded
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 cup black olives (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup taco sauce or 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado, diced (optional)
- Heat oven to 425°F; grease a 9 x 9" baking dish. Place in oven to heat.
- In small bowl, combine egg, milk, cornbread mix, 1 cup cheese and creamed corn; mix well.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake 20 - 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Sauté the ground beef with the taco seasoning mix and 1/2 cup onion until beef is browned and onion is tender; drain.
- Remove cornbread from oven.
- Slice into 9 squares.
- Place lettuce, tomato, onions, black olives, salsa, cheese, sour cream and avocados in individual small bowls and let everyone top the cornbread with their desired toppings.
Oh yes,have done this,love it,yum,yummmm,yummmmmmmmmmmm!