Prep 40 mins
Cook 5 mins
As in, a souped-up tabbouli with a lot of extra ingredients.
- 3⁄4 cup bulgur
- 2 cups boiling water
- 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3⁄4 cup halloumi cheese, cut in 1/2 in. cubes (or feta as an alternative)
- 3⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped small
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped small
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped (or more to taste)
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Pour the boiling water over the bulgur. Let it sit for at least 30 minute
- Meanwhile chop all the veggies.
- Combine all ingredients, stir and refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve with pita chips, torn pita bread or tortilla chips.