Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an adaptation of a recipe in "500 Fat Free Recipes." I make it in stages. That allows me to get most of the prep done in the morning and then get it finalized just before dinner. I get to the point where the juice is added and then cover and put it in the fridge until right before dinner. My kids love this one.
- 4 apples
- 3⁄4 cup chopped canned pineapple (with some juice reserved)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (I use 2 small snack size boxes)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- Peel, core, and dice the apples.
- Put them in a bowl.
- Add the diced pineapple.
- Then add the lemon juice and 2 tbsp.
- of the reserved pineapple juice.
- (You can add more but I find 2 tbsp. to be the correct amount.) Toss it all together.
- Then add the raisins, the vinegar, and the honey.
- Mix it well.
Yum! So easy with great taste! This made a great breakfast this morning. Thanks so much!
Made for Zaar Tag. I will definitely be making this again and again. This was excellent and took like 5 minutes to make. I didn't peel the apples though. Thanks so much for such a good and LOWFAT salad!