Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From "Complete Candida Yeast Guidebook" by Jeanne Marie Martin. Have not tried yet. Plan to soon. I might just used canned beans. Cooking time does not include cooking the beans.
- 1 cup pinto beans, kidney beans, adzuki beans or 1 cup black beans, cooked and mashed
- 1 cup carrots (or use vegetable pulp from a juicer) or 1 cup celery (or use vegetable pulp from a juicer) or 1 cup broccoli, steamed and finely chopped (or use vegetable pulp from a juicer)
- 1⁄2 cup ground raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground raw pumpkin seeds or 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup amaranth flour or 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup teff flour
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 -3 teaspoons tamari soy sauce, simmered
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teapsoon dill weed
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 dashes cayenne
- 1 teaspoon ground flax seeds (optional)
- To make burgers:.
- Cook and mash beans.
- Blend all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add more flour if mixture is too damp.
- Form mixture into 6 burgers about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cook in an oiled flat pan or wire grill - 8 to 10 minutes on one side, 5-8 on the other, or bake 25 to 30 minutes at 375 degrees F on an oiled cookie sheet.
- Cooked burgers can left in fridge 3 to 5 days or frozen.
- To make meatballs:.
- Mix together ingredients as above.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. It should make 24.
- Set on an oiled cookie sheet an inch or two apart.
- Broil 10 to 12 minutes, until firm and brown.
- Can be served over brown rice or other cooked grain with Mock Meat Gravy.