Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
These babies crush any tacos made with just ground beef and "taco seasoning". They are guaranteed to be gone at any party. The filling can also be used for burritos, salads, eggs and whatever else you can imagine.
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup minced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalapenos, minced 1 with seeds
- 4 tablespoons dried ancho chile powder, for max flave or 4 tablespoons new mexico chile powder or 4 tablespoons half-and-half, for max flavor
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt or 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 3 cups water
- olive oil
- your favorite tortillas, and all your favorite condiments for taco shell or burritos
- In a large heavy skillet or big pot pour some olive oil to coat the bottom. Put in the onions, garlic and jalapenos and let cook for 5 minutes. Then add pork and beef but do not allow to brown.
- Add all the spices and half of the water and cook slowly over low heat for at least an hour. adding extra water as needed, but when it is done it shouldn't be wet and drippy so don't add to much.
- Enjoy with tacos or whatever else you've chosen to have it with.
I made these last night, the meat was not even close to being done in an hour on low. The taste was terrible, not even close to a good tasting taco. Very disappointed on the time(and I love to cook) but mainly the expense.
Have not tried this yet but i cant wait!!!
These are incredible. Served them on football Sunday and everyone loved them. The flavor of the meat is just too good! Next time I'll use less jalapenos though, as the kids thought they were a little too spicy.