- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and leaves chopped
- 8 ounces shelled frozen edamame, thawed (soybeans)
- 1⁄4 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2⁄3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup dried sweetened cranberries (such as Ocean SprayÃ , CraisinsÃ ,)
- 1⁄2 cup cashew pieces
- 1⁄2 cup shelled roasted sunflower seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk sugar, vinegar, salt, pepper, and olive oil together in a bowl until sugar is dissolved; set aside.
- Toss kale, edamame, red onion, carrot, blueberries, dried cranberries, cashew pieces, and sunflower seeds together in a bowl. Pour about half the dressing over the mixture and toss to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours. Serve remaining dressing on side.