Recipe by LuckyMomof3
3 of 4 food groups in one yummy potato.
Top Review by newspapergal
A very quick weeknight meal. I had some broccoli that needed to be used, so I whipped these up, scaling it down to two potatoes. I used half milk and half sour cream for a little extra creamyness, and Dijon mustard. DH & I both enjoyed these filling & nutritious potatoes with a salad and whole-wheat rolls.
- 4 large potatoes, oblong
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup milk, heated
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard or 1 teaspoon honey mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup broccoli floret, small
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup colby cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub and prick potatoes all over.
- Wrap individually in paper towels and microwave on high for about 10 min or until potatoes are soft, turning half way. (*I usually time it for 5 minutes for 1 potato and 2 minutes per additional potato*)
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Slice tops off of potatoes and scoop out flesh into bowl leaving a thin wall in skin.
- Mash flesh with butter, milk, mustard, salt and pepper until smooth and well blended.
- Stir in broccoli, ham and cheese.
- Spoon mixture back into skins heaping if necessary.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until heated through and tops are golden.