Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 8 slices bacon (center-cut or applewood smoked)
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half, warmed in the microwave
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices whole wheat bread (or white bread or challah)
- 1⁄2 cup brown mustard
- 1⁄2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 lb havarti cheese (deli-sliced)
- 1 lb ham (deli-sliced)
- 1 lb turkey breast (deli-sliced)
- 1 1⁄2 cups maple syrup
- Heat a griddle pan or large skillet over medium-high heat; cook bacon until done (about 5 minutes); remove to paper towels to drain.
- Drain off fat from skillet; reheat griddle over medium heat.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with half-and-half, nutmeg, and pepper.
- Add in 1 tablespoon butter to the griddle and let it melt.
- Turn 4 slices bread in the egg batter then place on griddle; turn bread after it browns (2-3 minutes); spread mustard on 2 slices bread and top the other 2 slices with cranberry sauce.
- Place a slice of cheese on each slice; add 2 slices bacon, ham, and turkey to bottoms then set tops in place and press sandwiches together.
- Turn the sandwiches a couple of times and let set a minute or 2 to melt cheese and warm meats.
- Repeat to make 2 more sandwiches; cut sandwiches from corner to corner to serve.
- Heat syrup in microwave for 30 seconds; drizzle syrup over sandwiches at table or serve syrup in small ramekins for dipping.