My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices bacon (center-cut or applewood smoked)
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup half-and-half, warmed in the microwave
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices whole wheat bread (or white bread or challah)
- 1/2 cup brown mustard
- 1/2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 lb havarti cheese (deli-sliced)
- 1 lb ham (deli-sliced)
- 1 lb turkey breast (deli-sliced)
- 1 1/2 cups maple syrup
- 1Heat a griddle pan or large skillet over medium-high heat; cook bacon until done (about 5 minutes); remove to paper towels to drain.
- 2Drain off fat from skillet; reheat griddle over medium heat.
- 3In a bowl, beat eggs with half-and-half, nutmeg, and pepper.
- 4Add in 1 tablespoon butter to the griddle and let it melt.
- 5Turn 4 slices bread in the egg batter then place on griddle; turn bread after it browns (2-3 minutes); spread mustard on 2 slices bread and top the other 2 slices with cranberry sauce.
- 6Place a slice of cheese on each slice; add 2 slices bacon, ham, and turkey to bottoms then set tops in place and press sandwiches together.
- 7Turn the sandwiches a couple of times and let set a minute or 2 to melt cheese and warm meats.
- 8Repeat to make 2 more sandwiches; cut sandwiches from corner to corner to serve.
- 9Heat syrup in microwave for 30 seconds; drizzle syrup over sandwiches at table or serve syrup in small ramekins for dipping.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super-Stuffed Monte Cristo Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (580 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1395.8
- Calories from Fat 582
- Total Fat 64.7 g
- Saturated Fat 27.5 g
- Cholesterol 453.7 mg
- Sodium 3023.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 123.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 88.5 g
- Protein 81.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: