Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
Boy...are these yummy, the crumb coating, then cooking them in a skillet, makes these fantastic....better double the recipe, cause everyone will want lots.
- 2 cups herb-seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 8 slices cooked ham (1/8-in thick)
- 8 sliced swiss cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- In a bowl, combine stuffing croutons, boiling water and 2 tsp butter; cover, let stand 5 mins.
- Top each ham slice with a cheese slice.
- Place 1/4 cup of stuffing off-center over cheese.
- Roll up, and secure with a toothpick.
- Combine egg and water.
- Roll ham rolls in the egg mixture, then in bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, saute ham rolls in remaining butter for 4-5 mins, or until golden brown, turning once.
- Discard the toothpicks.