Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great tummy warmer during winter months and for busy weeknights!
Make and share this Super Stuffed Bell Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- 8 large bell peppers
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Cook ground beef in skillet until meat is crumbly and no longer pink. Stir in onion, garlic, salt, and pepper and continue to cook until onion is tender.
- While beef is cooking,cut off tops of peppers and remove seeds. Cook (on a plate) in microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- When onion is tender, remove skillet from heat and stir in the rice, then the cheese.
- Place the peppers, upright, in a 8x12 inch casserole dish. Add beef mixture into peppers. Stir together sauce ingredients in a bowl and pour on top and around peppers.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.
- *Note: You can cut out the 15-20 prep. time by getting the rice and beef mixture cooked the night before.