Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A fantastic summer side dish and very healthy also. Had a lot of zucchini and yellow squash in the garden one year, so we invented this. I use the minced garlic in jar for this because it has a milder flavor and this only cooks for a minute or 2. I found that if you use fresh garlic... its REALLY overpowering
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- Shred all the zucchini and yellow squash and place in a colander. press the shredded squash into the colander to remove excess water.
- Heat a non stick pan and melt in the butter.
- Put squash and garlic and basil in the pan and sauté just until hot.
This was a very easy recipe and great way to use up some of the squash out of my garden. I thought it needed more spices after taste testing it, so added some herbs from my garden and then it was great, will make again soon.