Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe came from the Just for Kids cookbook.
- 1 Red Delicious apples or 1 golden delicious apple, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 20 slices sandwich bread
- For Super Spread, place chopped apple, peanuts, honey lemon juice and cinnamon in food processor or blender.
- Pulse food processor several times until ingredients start to blend, occasionally scraping down the sides with rubber spatula.
- Process 1 to 2 minutes until mixture is smooth and spreadable.
- For Sandwich Stars, use butter knife to spread about 1 tablespoon Super Spread on 2 slices of bread.
- Stack them together, spread side up.
- Top with third slice bread.
- Place large star shaped cookie cutter on top of sandwich; press down firmly and evenly.
- Leaving cookie cutter in place, remove excess trimmings with your fingers or a butter knife.
- Remove cookie cutter.
- Makes 1-1/4 cups spread.
This was nice. Not what I expected though. I did think one full cup of roasted peanuts was too much. but overall I liked the combination.