Recipe by Mary Anne
This is a fantastic dish that my mom showed me how to make. It is an easy, impressive side dish that will have everyone raving!
Directions See How It's Made
- The key to this recipe is that it has to be prepared right before serving.
- Prepare the bacon (I like to use the already cooked kind) and crumble it.
- Pour the olive oil into a frying pan and heat on medium heat.
- Add the spinach leaves.
- Once the spinach leaves have mostly wilted, add the bacon and the pine nuts.
- Just before serving, add the feta cheese crumbles.
- The ingredient amounts I have stated above are ballpark figures.
- I usually use a bag of baby spinach leaves for this recipe.
- You can use sunflower seeds instead of pine nuts and blue or gorgonzola cheeses instead of feta.