Mary Anne's Note:
This is a fantastic dish that my mom showed me how to make. It is an easy, impressive side dish that will have everyone raving!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1The key to this recipe is that it has to be prepared right before serving.
- 2Prepare the bacon (I like to use the already cooked kind) and crumble it.
- 3Pour the olive oil into a frying pan and heat on medium heat.
- 4Add the spinach leaves.
- 5Once the spinach leaves have mostly wilted, add the bacon and the pine nuts.
- 6Just before serving, add the feta cheese crumbles.
- 7The ingredient amounts I have stated above are ballpark figures.
- 8I usually use a bag of baby spinach leaves for this recipe.
- 9You can use sunflower seeds instead of pine nuts and blue or gorgonzola cheeses instead of feta.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Spinach Side
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.4
- Calories from Fat 338
- Total Fat 37.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 39.8 mg
- Sodium 492.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 8.9 g