Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My absolute favorite spinach salad; everyone who has had this dish loves it! It is tangy, sweet and smokey all at the same time and can be either a side dish or your entree. If you want a delicious summer salad, just add some grilled chicken strips to this and dig in!
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 red onion, cut into 1 inch chucks
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard or 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 bacon, slices cooked and crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 8 mushrooms, halved or sliced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 20 sugar snap peas, thinly sliced on bias
- Soak onion in ice-water for 10 to 15 minutes and thoroughly drain. This will help to eliminate the sharp oniony flavor in the dressing.
- Puree the first 7 ingredients in blender or processor until smooth and emulsified. Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper as needed. Set aside.
- Combine spinach with all ingredients in a large bowl, reserving bacon and pine nuts. Add enough dressing to lightly coat ingredients, season with salt and pepper if desired and toss well. Garnish salad with bacon and pine nuts.
Excellent combination here. The dressing was a little tart for this salad for our taste. Really liked the pine nut addition. Might add some parmesan cheese to the mix next time. Thanks. Made for My-3-Chefs :)