Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
This vegetarian recipe "looks" long and hard, but is actually very easy to put together. Just enjoy a glass of wine (or two) while making it!
- 1 box lasagna noodle
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 4 -5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 packages frozen spinach, thawed and drained of juice
- 1 can sliced mushroom, , or use fresh (, or use fresh)
- 1 (16 ounce) packageshredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- salt & pepper
- Cook noodles al dente, drain, rinse& let sit in cold water until needed.
- Add olive oil and red pepper flakes to frying pan,.
- Add onion, red pepper, and garlic, and cook until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine sauté mix with spinach, mushrooms, mozzarella, ricotta, and 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, 1 T oregano, and eggs.
- Mix well, and set aside.
- In frying pan, melt butter, add flour making a paste, and stir for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add milk and add 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, oregano, and salt& pepper.
- Stir sauce over medium heat until thickened.
- Coat lasagna pan with non-stick spray, then wipe gently with paper towel.
- Add some white sauce to thinly coat bottom of pan.
- Rotate rows of drained noodles, spinach mixture, and sauce.
- Sprinkle last row of noodles with 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, and a few sliced mushrooms.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or so, until bubbling.
this was a hit at our company's lasagna contest and i placed in the top 3!! easy to make; i would add a little more pepper to it.
Hi, Thanks for posting this recipe. I had a lasagne day with my family in which everyone had to prepare a kind of lasagne and I prepared this one. Still they are raving about it. Thanks Ladysunshine from Curacao (Dutch Caribbean)
Excellent lasagna. I made it just as written, and it went over very well at a party. Lots of raves, and a few days later a friend called and asked for the recipe. Thanks for posting.