Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a recipe of my own invention which i used because normal chilli recipes are not spicy enough. Be warned, this one is really HOT so adjust the spice if necessary.
- 2 jalapeno chiles, chopped
- 1 cup red kidney beans, soaked and cooked till tender or 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, diced
- 2 teaspoons chili seasoning mix (if you cant find this you can mix 2 tsp cumin seed powder,2 tsp paprika powder and 2 tsp chilli powd) or 2 teaspoons taco seasoning (if you cant find this you can mix 2 tsp cumin seed powder,2 tsp paprika powder and 2 tsp chilli powd) or 2 teaspoons enchilada seasoning (if you cant find this you can mix 2 tsp cumin seed powder,2 tsp paprika powder and 2 tsp chilli powd)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄2 inch ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup water (optional)
- Heat the oil.
- Add the cumin seed, when they begin to sizzle add the onions, bell pepper, zuchini and carrots and let them cook for 2 minutes Then add the jalapeno, ginger, garlic, chilli seasoning paprika and oregano.
- Let them cook for 2 more mins then add the kidney beans the tomatoes and the ginger.
- Add the water if it looks like it needs it (depends how thick you like your chilli) Add the salt, sugar.
- Let it cook for about 15 minutes Then check the seasoning and add the lemon juice and the cilantro.
- Serve with rice or tortillas.