1/1 Photo of Super Spicy Stuffed Sausage Shells
Super San Mateo Chefs's Note:
These stuffed shells are amazing! These are a staple in our house. Serve with a salad and fresh garlic bread for a great complete meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces shell macaroni, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage, chopped finely
- 1 (15 ounce) ricotta cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated and divided
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce, any flavor you like
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- 3While pasta is cooking, cook chopped sausage until browned and cooked thoroughly inside.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except marinara sauce(reserve 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese). Add salt and pepper to taste. Add cooked sausage to mixture.
- 5Drain pasta when it is al dente.
- 6Pour about 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce in the bottom of a 9x12 baking pan.
- 7Pick up one shell at a time and carefully stuff 1-2 tablspoons of the mixture into the shell. Place the stuffed shells next to one another inside the baking dish.
- 8Pour the remaining marinara sauce all over the tops of the stuffed shells.
- 9Cover dish with foil and bake approximately 40 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling.
- 10In the remaining 5 minutes, sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/2 parmesan cheese on top.
- 11Serve hot!
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Spicy Stuffed Sausage Shells
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 765.0
- Calories from Fat 452
- Total Fat 50.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 152.8 mg
- Sodium 2071.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 41.5 g