Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Pasta bake can take an age to make - not so this one. I use quick cook pasta and because the pasta's hot when it goes into the oven. It only takes 15 minutes to develop a crispy golden top.
- 225 g dried quick cook pasta
- 250 g mascarpone
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 175 g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh snipped chives
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling salted water.
- Drain well and return to the pan.
- Add the mascarpone and Dijon mustard, stirring until the mascarpone melts around the pasta.
- Stir in the cheddar, sun dried tomatoes and chives and season.
- Turn into an ovenproof dish and bake for 15 minutes until bubbling and golden brown.
I found this recipe through a search because I had a tub of Mascarpone in the fridge that I wanted to use. I substituted Dijon mustard for whole grain mustard and I didn't have chives at home so I used a tablespoon of onions. The mascarpone really gave this recipe a wonderful flavour and I really like the fact it was so quick to put together. Thank you Lene