Recipe by Tee Lee
From Kikkoman brand soy sauce. Before grilling, this sauce has a strong mustard flavor, but after cooking, it loses a lot of the mustard kick and the flavors blend perfectly. This is a wonderful glaze that doesn't overpower the steaks, it just gives them a perfect bit of flavor. I think adding a little cut horseradish would be a nice addition.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaf, chopped
- 6 (8 ounce) rib eye steaks or 6 (8 ounce) sirloin steaks or 6 (8 ounce) New York strip steaks
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl and mix well, (OR in a blender, cover and whirl until smooth).
- Brush both sides of steaks with marinade mixture.
- Reserve left-over marinade.
- (If you have time, let the steaks sit for 20-30 minutes to soak in a little flavor.).
- Grill or broil 4 minutes, turn over and brush with remaining sauce mixture.
- Cook 4 minutes longer (for medium-rare), or to desired doneness.