Mrs. Doeinck's Note:
This is a delicious and nutritious soup. I get compliments on this from everyone I have served it to so far. It is full of flavor and is my husband's favorite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 3 carrots, sliced thin
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans or 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1 bunch kale, cleaned and cut into 1 inch strips
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat oil in a large soup pot.
- 2Add onions, garlic, carrots and celery and sauté until translucent (about 3 minutes).
- 3Add beans, tomatoes, chicken or vegetable stock, water, basil, thyme and oregano. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 4Add pasta and cook until al dente (about 6 to 8 minutes).
- 5Add kale and cook for about 2 minutes.
- 6Salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Serving steaming hot with some garlic bread and garnished with fresh basil.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Soup
Serving Size: 1 (502 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.9
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 574.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 13.5 g