Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick and Easy recipe from my family to yours. The 1/4 teaaspoon of salt can absolutely be left out if you want less salty cookies. It's just the way I've always had them.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- Mix butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar, and eggs in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, cream of tartar, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix the two bowls together.
- Roll together and wrap in cling film.
- Freeze for at least 10-15 minutes.
- To cook: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Unwrap and slice off as many 1/2 inch disks as you feel like eating. Mix together 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon. Coat cookies with cinnamon sugar mix and bake for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
I used the butter that it called dor in the receipe. The butter was very cold, ut these cookies did not raise the way they should have. This always seems to happen when I only use butter, instead of equal amounts of butter and shortening . I won't use this recipe again