Recipe by Bekahbv
Quick and Easy recipe from my family to yours. The 1/4 teaaspoon of salt can absolutely be left out if you want less salty cookies. It's just the way I've always had them.
Top Review by Mike-Lisa W.
Cookies rose just fine but we're very bland, crumbly and cake-like instead of moist and chewy. They looked perfect from the outside but just didn't taste as good as my regular recipe, which contains vanilla and a mixture of butter and shortening.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar, and eggs in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, cream of tartar, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix the two bowls together.
- Roll together and wrap in cling film.
- Freeze for at least 10-15 minutes.
- To cook: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Unwrap and slice off as many 1/2 inch disks as you feel like eating. Mix together 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon. Coat cookies with cinnamon sugar mix and bake for 10 minutes. Enjoy!