1/5 Photos of Super Soft Pretzel Rolls- Easy Too!
This is the Quick Soft Breadsticks recipe with a modified cooking technique for the best Pretzel Rolls ever! The dough only has to rise ONCE for 20-30 min.--so easy. I serve them with Sauerkraut Chowder for a Bavarian theme dinner. Everyone loves these!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together brown sugar, salt, and yeast in big bowl.
- 2Mix together oil and water and add this to the sugar and yeast mix.
- 3Add the flour and mix to a nice doughy (not sticky) consistency. Knead with mixer a few minutes.
- 4Divide dough into 12 balls and shape into rolls (I like long oval shapes) and let rise on greased foil cover sheet for 20-30 minute until nice and puffy. (I raise mine in a warmed oven--preheat to lowest setting then turn OFF, THEN put in the dough to rise).
- 5Meanwhile, bring water and baking soda to a SIMMER in a wide pan with straight sides and preheat oven to 375.
- 6Place 4 rolls in the water and simmer 1 minute then flip and simmer 1 minute more.
- 7Drain and place on cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining rolls.
- 8Brush rolls with egg white and sprinkle generously with kosher salt. Slash decoratively with a SHARP blade.
- 9Bake until 'pretzel' brown, about 12-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Soft Pretzel Rolls- Easy Too!
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.3
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3450.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 7.8 g