Recipe by Chun
This recipe is adapted from the buttery bread machine rolls recipe (Buttery Bread Machine Rolls) with a few small personal touches. I decided to try adding replace the flour with a percentage of wheat germ for some fiber and thankfully it still turned out very soft and tasty! I also added vanilla essence for a mild fragrance!
Top Review by Ginger N.
I loved almost everything about this recipe. The texture was perfect, my husband loved them, but the flavor was slightly off. I don't think I will use the vanilla next time. I might try substituting the sugar for honey though, it might be the added flavor the rolls need. I will certainly make them again... for Thanksgiving possibly?!
- 1 cup warm milk (70 to 80 degrees F.)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons quick-rising yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- In bread machine pan, put in the following order: butter, warm milk, vanilla essence, eggs, sugar, flour, salt and wheat germ. And lastly yeast.
- Select dough setting.
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Shape the dough into about 16 balls and placed them into 2 greased loaf pans, but you can also shape them into buns.
- Cover the pan (and dough) with saran wrap and leave it in a warm, draft-free place to rise for about an hour - the dough should have expanded to at least double it's original size.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 13-16 minutes or until golden brown.