Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from "Kraft: Food and Family", Winter 2006.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip light
- 3 tablespoons zesty Italian dressing, divided (Kraft Lightly Done Right!)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 cheese slices (Kraft 2% Milk American)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix meat and Miracle Whip. Shape into 4 patties.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the Italian dressing in large skillet. Add onions; cook on medium heat 10 minutes or until onions are caramelized and tender; stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet. Add patties; cook on medium heat until cooked through.
- Brush one side of bread slices with remaining Italian dressing. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Place 4 bread slices, dressing side down, on baking sheet; top with cheese slices, onions, and patties. Cover with remaining bread slices, dressing side up. Bake 20 minutes, turning sandwiches after 10 minutes.