Recipe by Audrey M
This sloppy Joe recipe has a little kick to it. We loved it the way it is posted but you might want to cut back on the spices if you don't like food with a kick to it. I purchased a Women's Day Magazine entitled Slow Cooking and I have been posted several recipes from this magazine. I have to say not one of the recipes didn't get a FANTASTIC! rating.
- 3 lbs 90% lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups ketchup
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- hamburger bun
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef, onion and garlic in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat in two batches, stirring to break up clumps of meat. Drain and discard fat.
- In slow cooker, combine ketchup, bell pepper, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard and chili powder. Stir in beef mixture.
- Cover; cook on Low 6 to 8 hours. Spoon onto hamburger buns.