Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
The best slow cooker roast recipe I've found. From MedicineNet.com
- 2 tablespoons unbleached white flour
- 4 tablespoons merlot (or other red wine, non-alcoholic beer, or water)
- 2 medium onions, cut into 8 wedges
- 16 whole garlic cloves, peeled (about 1 bulb)
- 16 ounces baby carrots (or 4 large carrots, cut into 3-4 pieces each)
- 2 1⁄2 lbs arm roast (or other beef roast)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Combine flour and red wine. Add to crock of slow cooker and stir in onions, garlic cloves, and carrots.
- Sprinkle the outside of roast with salt and pepper and set on top of carrot/onion mixture.
- Spread Worcestershire sauce over the top of the roast.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 5 1/2 hours or on LOW for 9 hours.
- Spoon the juices from the bottom of the slow cooker over the vegetables and roast, then sprinkle fresh parsley over the top and continue to cook 30 minutes on HIGH or 1 hour on LOW.
- Place roast on a serving plate and let sit 10 minutes. Place vegetables in a serving dish and pan juices in a gravy boat. Cut the roast against the grain into slices and serve.
Amazing smell all day while cooking. Just right for a cold winter day. Made for Fall PAC 2012.