1/1 Photo of Super Slow Cooker Pot Roast
6 hrs 10 mins
The best slow cooker roast recipe I've found. From MedicineNet.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unbleached white flour
- 4 tablespoons merlot (or other red wine, non-alcoholic beer, or water)
- 2 medium onions, cut into 8 wedges
- 16 whole garlic cloves, peeled (about 1 bulb)
- 16 ounces baby carrots (or 4 large carrots, cut into 3-4 pieces each)
- 2 1/2 lbs arm roast (or other beef roast)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1Combine flour and red wine. Add to crock of slow cooker and stir in onions, garlic cloves, and carrots.
- 2Sprinkle the outside of roast with salt and pepper and set on top of carrot/onion mixture.
- 3Spread Worcestershire sauce over the top of the roast.
- 4Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 5 1/2 hours or on LOW for 9 hours.
- 5Spoon the juices from the bottom of the slow cooker over the vegetables and roast, then sprinkle fresh parsley over the top and continue to cook 30 minutes on HIGH or 1 hour on LOW.
- 6Place roast on a serving plate and let sit 10 minutes. Place vegetables in a serving dish and pan juices in a gravy boat. Cut the roast against the grain into slices and serve.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.7
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 410.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: