Recipe by Icancook2
I found this recipe In Rachel Ray's 'Top 30 30-Minute Meals * Kid Food' recipe book. I made it last night and it was fabulous. My DH, who is a Manwich fanatic, said that Manwich is no more. My 3 year old liked it but picked out the "ding-dong pepper". My DM was over for dinner and I had to send her the recipe.
Top Review by rochsann
Thanks for posting such a tasty recipe; my family really enjoyed it. FYI, the brown sugar amount should be 1/4 cup and the steak seasoning--2 teaspoons to 1 tablespoon, according to Ray's recipe on the Web.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground sirloin
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 -2 1⁄2 teaspoons McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 crusty rolls, split, toasted, and lightly buttered
- sliced ripe tomatoes, and
- pickle, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet over medium high-heat and add oil and beef to the pan, spreading it around to break it up.
- Combine brown sugar and steak seasoning and add to skillet with beef and oil and combine.
- When meat has browned, add onion and red pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add vinegar, stirring briefly to reduce, then add Worcestershire, tomato sauce and paste, stirring to combine.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Pile meat onto toasted, buttered buns.