Recipe by zeldaz51
From "Jane Brody's Good Seafood Book", 1994. No mayonnaise! Nice on a bed of greens, but to use for sandwiches do not put on bread until just before serving, as there are a lot of wet ingredients.
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans tuna in water
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4-3⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, and seeded
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallion, white and green parts
Directions See How It's Made
- Place drained tuna in a medium sized bowl; add the cottage cheese, chives, pepper flakes, and black pepper. Mix well, but leave some of the tuna chunky.
- Cut the tomatoes into 1/3-inch dice. Cut the cucumber into quarters lengthwise and then slice crosswise into pieces 1/4-inch thick. Add the tomatoes, cucumbers, and scallions to the tuna mixture and toss to combine well. Taste for seasoning, add salt if necessary.