Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
"Savor every bite of this warm appetizer. Each serving, 1 potato skin, goes a long way on flavor." That's what the recipe description says, but "Can you eat JUST ONE"?
- 6 baking potatoes, baked
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (15 ounce) jar Cheez Whiz, cheese dip heated
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop out centers, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shells.
- (Reserve centers for another use.)
- Cut shells in half crosswise.
- PLACE shells, skin sides down, on baking sheet; brush insides of shells lightly with oil.
- BAKE 15 minute or until golden brown.
- Top evenly with CHEEZ WHIZ, bacon bits, sour cream and onions.
- Make it Easy
- Prepare as directed, substituting frozen waffle fries or french fries for the baked potato shells.
- Bake fries as directed on pkg.
- Place on serving plate.
- Serve topped with remaining ingredients.
- SERVING SUGGESTION:.
- Serve on a bed of shredded lettuce with bowls of toppings available. Such as extra chopped onions, salsa, sliced olives, sliced jalapeños, diced tomatoes, sour cram, etc.
- Nutrition without extras (per serving).
- Calories 100
- Total fat 6g Saturated fat 2.5g Cholesterol 15mg
- Sodium 300mg
- Carbohydrate 9g
- Dietary fiber 1g
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 3g
- Vitamin A 2%DV
- Vitamin C 4%DV
- Calcium 6%DV
- Iron 6%DV.
I baked the skins right side up with a thin layer of potato inside and brushed with olive oil.I cut the shells in 6 pieces before baking. I topped with cheeze whiz and hormel bacon pieces and served. Other toppings were available at the table.