Prep 15 mins
Cook 14 mins
rolling the cookies in sugar before baking gives a nice contrast to the chewy inside
- 2 1⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven.Preheat the oven to 350*.line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- sift the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon,ginger and cloves into a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until smoothly blended.about 1 minute.
- stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed during mixing.
- on low speed, add the flour mixture, mixing just to incorporate it.
- spread the 1/4 cup granulated sugar with 1/2 tsp cinnamon on a large piece of wax or parchment paper. Roll 1/4 cup of the dough between the palms of your hands into a 2" ball, roll the ball in the sugar, cinnamon mixture and place on one of the prepare baking sheets.continue making cookies, spacing them about 2" apart.
- bake the cookies one sheet at a time until the tops feel firm but they are still soft in the center and there are several cracks on top, about 14 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then use a wide metal spatula to transfer the cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
- the cookies can be stored in a tightly covered container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
I have this same recipe from a blog I found only they are not SUPER SIZED. I was just coming on here to post it because they are very good!! I posted a picture of mine, but again they aren't super sized. I only used between 1-2 tablespoons of dough rolled and then rolled it in sugar. I didn't use the cinnamon in my sugar mixture; although I may next time because that sounds good!! A great easy cookie to make. Just make sure you don't overbake them. Take them out AS SOON as they start looking done. If you wait, they'll end up hard. Mine took about 9 min to bake. Thanks for the recipe it's delic!!
Just a very nice cookie. I think I'll make many and freeze. Thank you. Lolly