Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I came up with this recipe in order to please the marsmallow lovers and the nut/fruit lovers in my family. It is so simple, but it works.
- 1 (40 ounce) can yams (sweet potatoes)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons apple juice or 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1⁄3 cups miniature marshmallows
- Drain yams and stir in mixer until well mashed, add melted butter and juice. Mix on low for 1-2 minutes. Drain crushed pineapple and add it and the pecans to yam mix. Stir until well blended. Pour into greased casserole dish and cook @ 350 for 15-20 minutes. Arrange marshmallows on the top and cook for another 7 minutes.